When you're ready to adopt:
At Paradise Animal Rescue we're dedicated to find the best homes for our once homeless pets and to make the adoption process a positive experience - here are some things you need to know:
- You must be at least 18 years of age with a valid ID.
- We carefully review all applications. We check all personal references and reach out to your listed veterinarians.
- All information on the application will be kept confidential.
- Non-therapeutic & cosmetic surgeries including declawing, ear cropping, and tail docking will not be permitted.
- Some of our animals have special adoption requirements.
- We may require a meet-and-greet before the adoption can be finalized.
- Dog adoptions may require a home visit.
- Your application must be approved for adoption.
I agree to the following:
- I have considered the daily responsibilities and am willing to provide a loving, safe, healthy, clean environment for my new pet.
- I have considered my pet’s life expectancy and am willing to provide it a permanent home. I understand that this pet is a living creature and not a “throw away” item.
- My new pet will live indoors. When outside, I will keep my pet contained to my property without chaining it to an object for extended periods of time. I will keep identification on my pet at all times.
- I will provide veterinary care, including medical treatments, vaccinations, parasite control and prevention (rabies, heartworm, fleas, distemper, etc).
- I will provide my new pet with clean, fresh water and nutritious food in sufficient amounts on a daily basis.
- I will not have my pet’s ears or tail cropped. I will not have my cat declawed and understand that I must provide proper scratching surfaces.
- I understand that all animals require training and patience to prevent chewing, scratching, and soiling in the house. I will provide proper and humane training.
- If for some reason, I can no longer care for my pet, I will make arrangements to return it to Paradise Animal Rescue as soon as possible.
- I understand there are no guarantees regarding health, temperament, or the training of this animal.
- I accept that I am adopting my new pet “as is” and assume all risk of ownership, including personal injury and property damage. Therefore, I fully release Paradise Animal Rescue from any claim, cause of action, or liability for injury or damage to any person or property that may be caused by my newly adopted pet.
- I understand that if I do not fulfill the commitment to my pet and breach this contract in any way, Paradise Animal Rescue has the right to reclaim the adopted animal with no refund.