Paradise Animal Rescue, the only licensed non-profit Animal Protection Shelter in Lapeer County, was founded 10 years ago in 2002. Since the start Paradise has had only one goal in mind... To rescue as many animals as possible and to find them all loving forever homes.
We do not euthanize any animal at our rescue because of the length of stay or lack of space. We save all the healthy and treatable rescued dogs and cats under our care and try to find them the best of homes, making us an "adoption guarantee" rescue organization.
At this time Paradise has successfully spayed and neutered, vaccinated and found homes for over 1,000 homeless cats and dogs.
Our mission is...
1. To assist in decreasing the overpopulation of cats and dogs in Lapeer County. (i.e. endorsing early-age spay/neuter, alteration prior to adoption and feral cat spay/neuter programs.)
2. To find permanent homes for spayed/neutered, fully tested and vaccinated homeless pets.
3. Humane Education -To support animal safety and the prevention of animal cruelty through the promotion of humane treatment of all animals and supporting a ban on cosmetic procedures in animals.
4. To give appropriate medical treatment to minimize the suffering of sick, injured or abused cats and dogs and to practice updated health care guidelines that aid in the prevention and control of infectious disease.
5. To assist in the safe return of lost pets to their rightful homes.
Paradise does not receive local, state or federal funding. We rely solely on adoptions, fundraisers and your private donations to make it possible to do what we do each and every day. Paradise is a 501 (c) 3 federal non-profit organization and all donations to Paradise are tax-deductible. With your support we can continue saving a countless number of animals in need. A weekly or monthly donation to Paradise provides a consistent reliable income to fund our ongoing efforts.
We need your help in whichever way you can assist us to save the animals that have no voice...